You will receive a call within 48 hours of the referral from a 1-800 number that will vary based on your cellphone carrier. If you missed the call and received a voicemail message, call back when you are free. TTQL will make 5 attempts to try to reach you. Your referring provider will get a report once you enroll in the program.
Calling the Texas Tobacco Quitline
Quit Coaches are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (except Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and 4th of July). You can call toll-free whenever you need support. The more calls you complete, the more success you will have quitting tobacco. Learn more about the five calls the program includes.Coaching is available in several languages.
- It’s free!
- After you answer the interactive quiz, you will see how the program will help you every step of the way
- Access to a live Enrollment Specialist
- Free downloadable e-book on how to manage quitting
- Access to a private, online community
- It’s free!
- You will receive a series of text messages sent to your cell phone that share positive messages
- You will receive text messages at every step of the program:
- Tips as you plan to quit
- Reminders on your quit date
- Support after you’ve quit
- The number of messages varies per person, but you will get at least one text a week.
- Must be enrolled in a phone or web program along with Text2Quit.
last updated August 23, 2021